woensdag 28 november 2012

Autumn leaves

Autumn, you either love it or hate it. I'm not really sure which of those is what I do.

I hate that dark, rainy and cloudy weather. It kind of depresses me. But on the other hand, I do love the colour of autumn. All those beautiful colours of the leaves on the trees, and later in the autumn, no longer on the trees but on the ground. A variety of colours: yellow, brown, red ... I just love it. And so does my daughter Eliza. It is often that she comes home with lots of leaves. Most of the times they are dirty or no longer beautiful. But sometimes she comes home with beautiful leave in beautiful colours. All I have to do is put them in a flower press so they won't turn brown and ugly but stay beautiful and they will also be flattened.

Yesterday we took the leaves she collected out of the flower press and glued them to a piece of paper. I of course, would have taken an other colour, but Eliza didn't want to let go of her favourite colour so pink/purple it is. We put the paper in a frame and hang it in her adorable room in which one colour dominates. I guess I don't have to tell you that this colour is pink?



Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten